Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I wasn't sure whether to put this post in Damn-it Steve or here so you can decide.  Another holiday where every Mother, it seems, is on her game with super-duper homemade cards attached with homemade candy and personalized shirts for their kid to wear to school.  Gag!  Oh don't get me wrong I want to be that Mom but ain't no way it's happening.  I was happy with the fact that my girls signed (first initial only) all their Valentines for their class mates. 
I did get the girls some treats, not much just a simple box/basket and filled it with some heart shaped candy and stickers.  I got them all set up and put them away in the laundry room to give to them today.  So last night I told Steve keep an eye on the girls while I run upstairs for a minute.  I guess about 15 minutes later I come down and the girls are unwrapping their lollipops and putting their stickers on Steve.  UGH!  I snatched everything back up and put them back where they belonged. 
Seriously how did I sneak all this stuff into the cart at the store without them seeing, make it home, unpack yadda yadda and in 15 minutes it's all undone.  I guess it's my fault for not telling him I hid their very obvious Valentine’s Day baskets in the dark laundry room.
OK I calm down and tell the girls it's time to get ready for bed when I notice stickers on the side table.  This annoys me because that is a big rule.  I hate trying to peel the sticky tacky tape crap off of furniture.  I ask the girls if they remember the rules and what they are.  They do and insist that neither one did it.  I look at Steve for back up and see it all over his face.  DAMN-IT STEVE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment