Friday, January 13, 2012

Poop and Other Lovely Words

I, more often than I feel I should, have the conversation with Steve that he has to watch his mouth around the girls and act more like a father/role model and not a big brother.  Just this morning I shot him a look as the girls were giggling.  His response, before my head was even turned all the way towards him, was "I know.  I just can't help it."  This was after he was singing some sort of poop song while we were eating breakfast.  He was even  all dressed up and ready for work.  I don't know if that should matter but typically people tend to act in accordance to how they are dressed?? No?  The look on his face was remarkable because he looked genuinely concerned that he has no control over the words that come out of his mouth.  As if some little man lives inside him and just blurts words out.  He looks...truly...baffled.  Amazed that we even have these conversations.  Amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment