Friday, June 8, 2012

Hippity Hop Dodge

Remember these..

They are hysterical!   The girl's Aunt Tammy sent them to them and they rock them daily.  I especially love sending them out front in the wide open space to get all the last minute wiggles out.  Tonight, however, Steve took hippity hops to a whole new level.

The girls are clumsy enough on them because for one they are difficult to bounce on for first timers and they are also just a hair too short for them so they are forever rolling forward.

L is the funniest because she doesn't seem to display that caution instinct most others are born with.  I'm pretty sure that is due to the crazinss in which Steve plays with them.

Anyway this evening he picked one up and tossed it in the air.  It landed....on L.  I held my breath to see what the outcome was.  A trip to the hospital.  A wailing child.  An injury.   Low and behold laughter filled the neighborhood and so it began.

I sat on the porch and let the tears roll down my face as the tossed the balls at the girls.  We decided the direct landing on the head wasn't very smart but the ones that landed behind and right in front of them were hysterical.  The girls went flying in every direction and it only took a few good fumbles before they learned to zig-zag and dodge.

It was almost 9:00 before I realized it and I encountereda rough battle of rallying the girls up for bed.

This is definitely going on the list of "how to tire out your kids before bed" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment